Make Almost Any Small 3D Plastic Object You Can Imagine!
"Watching this printer gently add layer upon layer of melted thermoplastic to form an object that was previously on your monitor is one of the most fascinating things you’ll ever see!"
Our easy-to-assemble 3D printer makes objects up to 7-7/8 inches high, 7-7/8 inches wide and 7-7/8 inches tall by laying down (printing) multiple micro-thin (less than .010 inch) layers of melted plastic filament. Designed with high-quality aluminum profiles, high-precision linear bearings and stepping motors, molded polymers, and electronic components, it's extremely fast, reliable and precise, even when printing at high speed. Its heated build platform improves printing quality by minimizing warp. It's not only easy to assemble, but also allows users to freely modify it for custom applications. You can print from web sites offering free object downloads (like thingiverse.com) or from your own designs. Velleman model K8200; fully detailed and illustrated instructions provided on Velleman web site. Intended for intermediate and experienced craftsmen; typical assembly time: 30 hours. Overall size: 20 inches wide x 17 inches deep x 25 inches tall. Weight: 20 lbs. MAC, WINDOWS or LINUX computer required for operation, or use our Stand Alone Controller #86212. 110vAC. Includes 5 meter long, 3 mm dia. PLA black sample filament.
- Linear ball bearings: 8 and 10 mm
- Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) for 3 mm PLA and ABS filament
- Power supply: 12 V / 3 A max.
- FTDI USB 2.0 to Serial
- Dimensions of printable area: 20 x 20 x 20 cm / 7.87 x 7.87 x 7.87 inches
- Typical printing speed: 120 mm/s
- Maximum print speed: 150 to 300 mm/s (depending on the object being printed)
- Extrusion nozzle: 0.5 mm
- Extrusion thermistor: NTC 100K
- Extruded aluminum profiles: 27.5 mm / 1.08 inches wide
- Movement: Four NEMA-17 stepper motors
- Heated print bed
- X and Y directions: 0.015 mm (smallest step the printing plate can move in the X and Y direction)
- Z direction: 0.781 µm (smallest step the printing plate can move in the Z direction)
Nominal printing resolution:
- Wall thickness (X,Y): 0.5 mm
- Layer thickness (Z): 0.20 - 0.25 mm
- Width: 50 cm / 19.7 inches
- Depth: 42 cm / 16.5 inches
- Height: 62 cm / 24.4 inches
- Weight: 9 Kg / 19.84 lbs.
- Software: Repetier version 0.84 and up www.repetier.com
- included: 5 meter PLA black sample