Along with its 4-4-0 cousin, the 4-6-0 configuration was one of the most common wheel arrangements offered by locomotive manufacturers. The combination of speed and traction made 4-6-0s suitable for both freight and passenger service, and nearly every railroad used them. These locomotives are based on stock models from Baldwin's narrow gauge catalog.
Bachmann Spectrum 1:48 scale narrow gauge Baldwin 4-6-0 Locomotive runs on On30 (same as HO) gauge track. Steel cab. DCC-equipped. Painted (black)/Unlettered. Includes multiple stacks, headlights, pilots, wheels and other details.
- DCC-equipped for speed, direction and lighting
- Dual-mode NMRA decoder with 8-pin plug
- Die cast frame, boiler and cab
- Machined, blackened wheels
- Additional die cast detail parts
- Easy-to-install options, including three headlight/backup light styles (oil, acetylene, electric), three stack styles (cap, Rushton, tapered), and three fuel loads (wood, coal, oil) included in each model
- E-Z Mate Mark II couplers