The 0-4-2's larger fuel bunker and trailing truck allowed it to travel longer distances than its 'little brother,' the Porter 0-4-0. These small, useful locomotives were often put to work on plantation, logging and construction roads. This popular narrow gauge steam locomotive includes many new features, including an NMRA-compliant decoder and Soundtraxx Tsunami sound technology so you can hear every authentic whistle, bell, chuff and much more in realistic, high-quality 16-bit sound.
Bachmann Spectrum 1:48 Scale narrow gauge Porter 0-4-2 Locomotive runs on On30 (same as HO) gauge track. Painted (black with white pinstripes)/Unlettered. Bachmann no. 28203.
- DCC- and sound-equipped
- Dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- Precision can motor
- Constant lighting LED headlight
- Operating cab windows
- Die-cast boiler, frame and finescale drivers
- Completely hidden drive train
- Choice of three stacks included
- Separate metal detail parts, including bell, whistle and handrail
- Separate Porter Company builder's plate
- Detailed cab interior with coal bunker
- Metal valve guides
- E-Z Mate Mark II couplers