All-new Premium Assembly kit of the Japanese Battleship Yamato is nearly 30 inches long and consists of more than 1,500 parts. Model depicts the Japanese battleship as she appeared on her final voyage to Okinawa with increased anti-aircraft armament. Includes turret barbettes and hull support rollers. Can be assembled as either a full-hull or waterline display model.
- The ship's foredeck, sides, and stern have newly researched details.
- 90% of the deck components are molded separately for greater realism. Separate parts for the superstructure details and anti-aircraft guns are easy to paint and finish.
- Main gun turrets rotate freely and include interiors as well as turret mount details below the deck level.
- Poly-cap bushings enable the switching of gun barrel parts for different display poses in either 30-degree or 3-degree elevation.
- The canvas covers at the base of the main guns and sand bags for the AA gun positions are made with elastomer to more faithfully and naturally depict those parts.
- Both 12.7mm and 25mm AA gun mounts can be rotated and elevated.
- Photo-etched ladders and radars.
- Metal propeller shafts.
- Movable rudder.
- Includes reconnaissance seaplanes and various small boats.
- The boat hangar door can be positioned opened or closed.
- Includes 32 page reference booklet.
- Length: 29.6 in.
- Enhance your model with #85678 Utility Boats, #85680 Metal Gun Barrels, #85665 Deck Sheet Set and #85679 Photo Etched Handrail accessory kits listed below.
Tamiya kit #78025