Micro-Mark introduces the MicroLux® LaserKnife 2525™
MicroLux LaserKnife 2525 is an affordable, easy-to-use table-top laser cutter/engraver that will revolutionize the way you make scale model parts, fabricate projects, and more!
NOW 110VAC READY
Few tools come along that challenge everything you know about bringing your vision to life. The MicroLux® LaserKnife 2525 is one of those tools, and it's a game-changer. Now you can create some of the most intricate parts and components you have ever seen with a level of precision that was previously unattainable. From developing high-quality engineering prototypes to producing exceptional scale models to creating unique works of art, the LaserKnife 2525 is built to take on the most demanding cutting jobs with ease. Best of all, you can create multiple items that are equally exact, or, scaled however you wish to suit the project at hand.
- Simple software and easy-to-understand instructions let you start cutting parts within one hour after opening the box. There are no complicated challenges to face before enjoying the benefits of laser cutting. Supports/imports the following file types for cutting and/or engraving: CDR, AI, DXF, DWG, WMF, EMF, EPS, PSD, PLT, SVG, JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, PDF, PCX, JPG and TIF.
- Cutting complex curves, straight lines and inside corners are a breeze. Draw anything on your computer screen and the LaserKnife will cut it. You'll be making parts ready-for-assembly in just minutes.
- Make part revisions quickly. Want to change something? No problem. Simply edit your drawing, then start cutting immediately. Save the computer file for later re-use.
- Cuts a wide variety of materials including wood, plastic, cloth, foam, cardboard, chipboard, paper, Gatorboard/foam, embossed pattern sheets, wood siding materials, and other non-metals.
- In addition to cutting, you can also engrave pictures and textures into the surface of your material. Need details like stones, bricks, panel lines, nail heads, or even pictures? No problem. Just set the LaserKnife to engraving mode.
- To get started, just plug in the included USB cable between your Windows computer and the LaserKnife.
See the product review in the January 2016 Railroad Model Craftsman, page 78.
LaserKnife 2525 Specifications
Laser tube power: 40 watts, CO2
Overall size: 32 inches wide x 26 inches deep x 10.5 inches high, plus flip up lid
Weight: 55 pounds
Cutting/engraving area: 250 mm x 250 mm (9.8 inches x 9.8 inches)
Cutting capacity: see details below
Made in China to Micro-Mark specifications
• Lighted steel cabinet with durable paintwork, honeycomb platen, clear-vision window, internal power supply, control panel and control electronics • Air compressor and tubing for blowing away cutting/engraving particles • Water pump and tubing to circulate cooling water through the laser tube • Exhaust fan and duct to remove smoke from the cabinet • 110VAC to 220VAC power supply / converter / transformer • Power cord and USB cable • CorelLASER software plug-in • CorelLASER User’s Key • Sample model structure drawings • Lens focus gauge • Start-up test materials (wood, acrylic and chipboard sheets) • Spare fuse • Lid safety switch • Instruction manual, maintenance instructions, wiring diagram, and tips and tricks.
• Computer running Windows 2000 or later operating system connected to the Internet • CorelDRAW version 11 or later (Note: not compatible with Home/Student versions) • 5-gallon plastic bucket to contain 3 gallons of distilled water • Vent to outside • GFI protected circuit.
Approximate Cutting Capacity
(actual results depend on type of material, thickness, cutting power, speed and number of passes)
Balsa: up to 1/4 inch in a single pass; 1/2 inch in multiple passes
Basswood: up to 1/8 inch in a single pass; 1/4 inch in multiple passes
Cherry/Walnut/Mahogany: up to 1/32 inch in a single pass; 3/16 inch in multiple passes
Gatorfoam: up to 3/16 inch in a single pass; 1/2 inch in multiple passes
Acrylic: up to 3/32 inch in a single pass; 1/4 inch in multiple passes
Styrene: up to 1/8 inch (for most plastics, we recommend multiple passes at high speed and low power)
Corrugated cardboard: up to 1/8 inch in a single pass; 1/4 inch in multiple passes
Chipboard: up to 1/16 inch in a single pass; 3/16 inch in multiple passes
Plywood: up to 1/32 inch in a single pass; 3/16 inch in multiple passes
PVC: Not recommended (gives off hazardous smoke)
Note: Shipped in multiple cartons. Please have someone available to help with delivery by local carrier. Not available outside the 48 contiguous United States.
Click HERE to read a review of the MicroLux LaserKnife 2525.
Customer Reviews of This Item
Works great, amazing tech support!
by Tony Burzio -
The laser actually works extremely well given its' amazingly low price point. As delivered the mirrors were knocked askew, but telephone support walked me through aiming them, and in a short period I was up and running. Note that you NEED a recent copy of Corel Draw, access to the outside for the vent and a good electrical ground for this to work. The laser slices through acrylic like butter!