MakerGear M2 3D Printer
Meet the M2 - Great ideas are just the beginning!
The MakerGear M2 comes fully assembled and works right out of the box. It's no wonder why this amazing 3D printer is top rated . . . with its steel frame and cast aluminum construction, the M2 is engineered and manufactured here in the USA to provide industrial-level precision with a small footprint. The new four-point print bed is easy to level, stays level, and removes the need for z-compensation (aka "auto-leveling"). With its large 8 x 8 x 10 inch / 203 x 203 x 254 mm (H x W x D) build envelope, whether you are a professional or a weekend hobbyist, the M2 is built to run and built to last. The M2 uses any standard filament, including but not limited to: ABS, PLA, PET, and Flexible. The M2 also uses open-source electronics and firmware providing the versatility and flexibility you need to accomplish your project your way. The printer can be controlled via a USB cable (included) using the usual G-code numerical control instructions, or from a G-code instruction file stored on an SD memory card (included) which allows stand-alone operation. Perfect for schools, or when locating the printer away from your PC.
With numerous upgrade options and a highly rated support community, you can be confident that you'll be delighted with your M2 and its performance. The Quick Start software, step-by-step user guide, and tutorial video will take you from unboxing through your first prints.
MakerGear M2 3D printer includes:
- MakerGear M2e Printer with V4 Hot End
- Power supply with adjustable input voltage (115V or 230V)
- Power cord compliant with your country's power outlets
- 1 kg spool of black PLA
- 8 inch x 10 inch borosilicate glass build platform with applied film print surface
- 1 roll of 2 inch replacement printing film
- Tool set
- Sample prints made by your M2
- SD card with sample prints
- User guide
- AC Input: 100 - 120 V (4 A)/220 - 240 V (2 A), 47 - 63 Hz
- Power Requirements: 24 V DC @ 15 A
- Connectivity: SD Card Reader, USB connection to computer, LCD machine control optional
- Storage Temperature: 0 ˚C to 32 ˚C (32 ˚F to 90 ˚F)
- Print Head Travel Speed: Printing: 80 - 200 mm/sec for best print quality. Travel Speed: 450 mm/sec maximum.
- Materials: 1.75 mm. PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, HDPE, TPU (i.e., flexible filament), Polycarbonate, composite (Metal-, Carbon Fiber-, or Wood-Filled), and many more!
Compatible with both MAC and PC.
|Key Information||MakerGear M2 ($1,825)||Type A Series 1 Pro ($3,995)||Ditto Pro+ ($1,899)||Dremel Idea Builder ($1,299)||Afinia H800 ($1,899)||ZMorph 2.0 SX Full Set ($3,890)||Afinia H400 ($599)||Afinibot i3 Prusa KIT ($369.95)|
|Print Technology||FDM||FDM||FDM||FDM||MEM||All in 1||FDM||FDM|
|Build Volume||25.4 x 20.3 x 20.3 cm||30.5 x 30.5 x 30.5 cm||21.5 x 16 x 22 cm||25.5 x 15.5 x 17 cm||25.4 x 20.3 x 20.3 cm||25.5 x 23.5 x 16.5 cm||11.9 x 11.9 x 11.9 cm||20 x 20 x 18 cm|
|Min Layer Height||20-300 microns||50-300 microns||50-300 microns||100 microns||100 microns||50-400 microns||150-350 microns||100 microns|
|Max Printing Speed||200 mm/s||100 mm/s||120 mm/s||150 mm/s||90mm/s||150 mm/s||90mm/s||120mm/s|
|Headed Bed||Yes (90-110°C+)||Yes (75-120°C)||No||No||Yes (50-90°C)||Yes (50-120°C)||Yes (70°C)||Yes ( <110°C)|
|Materials||ABS, PLA, PET, Nylon, Flexibles, Wood, Metals, and more.||Prints in over 80 different materials.||PLA Only||Dremel PLA Only (warranty)||ABS, PLA, PETg, Flexible, etc||ABS, PLA, PET, Nylon, Flexibles, Wood, Metals, and more.||ABS, PLA||ABS, PLA, HIPS|
|Hot-End Max Temp||300°C (572°F)||300°C (572°F)||>215°C (419°F)||230°C (446°F)||260°C (500°F)||255°C (500°F)||260°C (500°F)||275°C (527°F)|
|XY Accuracy (mm)||0.001||0.00657||0.009||0.05||0.05||0.014||0.05||0.012mm|
|Z Accuracy (mm)||0.0025||0.00625||0.0025||0.1||0.1||0.0006||0.15||0.004mm|
|Format||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Plug & Play||Unassembled Kit|