Now You Can Make Your Own High Quality Photo-Etched Parts
Nothing adds the WOW
factor to your models and miniatures like precision-crafted photo-etched metal details...and now, with the revolutionary Pro-Etch System, you can make them right at home.
This is a true photo-resist metal etching system that employs advanced technologies and materials previously available only to industrial users. It uses your computer, an ink jet printer, and materials included in the system to achieve incredibly fine results. Virtually any small item that can be made from a flat piece of metal can be created with the Pro-Etch System in a fraction of the time it would take using other tools and methods (if it could be done at all). You can even create sophisticated 3-dimensional objects with a combination of careful design and folding of the flat photo-etched pieces. Make your own highly detailed parts for models, miniatures and instruments, jewelry, holiday decorations, engraved nameplates, craft items and hundreds of other items. In almost no time you'll be making precision metal parts with fine-line details you never thought possible.
Let your imagination run wild...the possibilities are unlimited!The Pro-Etch System includes all the materials you need to set up your own photo-etching operation:
*Note: System contains chemicals that are highly caustic. Careful handling of these chemicals and good ventilation are prerequisites for the use of this system. Not for use with aluminum.
- Specially developed, high resolution, ink jet film (two, 8-1/2 inches x 11 inches)
- Photo-resist material (one, 19 inches x 12 inches)
- Brass and stainless steel sheet metal (one each, 6 inches x 12 inches)
- Photo-Resist Laminating machine and carrier sheets
- Exposure frame and clamps
- Sodium Hydroxide* developing/stripping solution (16 oz.)
- Plastic developing/stripping trays
- Etching tank with circulating pump
- Ferric Chloride* etchant solution (16 oz.)
- Metal-prep pad, plastic tweezer, measuring cup, apron, goggles and gloves
- How-To manual with easy-to-understand instructions, illustrations and photos to guide you through each step of the process.
The Pro-Etch System will not only make intricate metalworking easy, it will also pay for itself with just a few uses.
Note: Maximum overall size of etched sheet: 3 inches square x .010 inch thick.
Ships by ground to 48 contiguous U.S. only. For customers located outside the 48 contiguous United States, please see item #83123F.How the Pro-Etch Photo-Etch System WorksClick below to see some outstanding examples of the work Micro-Mark customers are doing with the Pro-Etch System:Wicker ChairStar Trek Borg Cube