The Class 'B' two-truck locomotive, introduced by Climax in 1893, featured a horizontal boiler with slanted cylinders. The design was an instant success and quickly became the most popular Climax model the company ever built.
Bachmann Spectrum 1:20.3 Large Scale G Gauge 2-Truck Climax Locomotive, Painted (black with white running board striping)/Unlettered.
- Plug-and-play electronics interface to accommodate the control system of your choice, including DC, NMRA DCC, and RC/battery operation
- Choose track or battery power pickup, operation according to NMRA or Large Scale railroading practices, motor power on/off, and DCC or DC operation of cab lights, firebox flicker, and ash pan glow with a center off position
- Switch behind the smoke box door with center 'off' position to choose either DCC or DC operation of the smoke unit
- Optical sensors in the locomotive that give you the option of adjusting the timing and count of steam chuffs
- Factory-installed speaker, with wire pigtail, in the fuel bunker to allow for easy installation of optional aftermarket sound systems
- Realistic firebox flicker and ash pan glow
- Electrical pickup on all wheels
- Precision-balanced can motor
- Super-detailed power trucks with accurate sideframes, brake beams, brake hangers, brake shoes, and distinctive Climax spoked drivers
- Die cast metal frames and motor mounts
- Prototypically correct operating Johnson bar and inside Stephenson valve gear
- Constant lighting of the LED headlight and cab light
- Numerous prototypical details including blackened metal handrails and coupler lift bars; air pump; accurately scaled sand lines and additional piping; brass bell, pop valves, and whistle; electric generator; and scale rivet detail
- Choice of three smokestack styles
- Locomotive cab with operating doors, windows and roof hatch, authentically detailed with globe valves, water sight glass, gauges, throttle, air brake stand, reversing Johnson bar, and piping
- Choice of coal or oil fuel load
- Performs best on 4' radius (or greater) curves
Bachmann no. 86097
Note: This item ships from our warehouse (in a separate carton) to the contiguous 48 states only. Please allow extra time for delivery of this Special Order item. Covered by the manufacturer's warranty, please contact them for any service related issues. A 15% restocking fee will be charged for any returns to Micro-Mark.