1This groundbreaking Bachmann Spectrum Large Scale C-19 2-8-0 model has many advanced features not offered by any other manufacturer of model trains, including:
- Powerful precision-balanced can motor connected to an all-metal gearbox and gears with appropriate gear reduction combine to create an eight-wheel drive system with superior performance at realistic speeds
- Equalized locomotive suspension system to provide super-smooth operation on uneven track
- Electrical pickup from all drive wheels and both tender trucks
- Advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play electronic printed circuit board to accommodate the control systems of your choice, including DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation
- Two optical sensors, one in each cylinder, give you the option of adjusting the timing and count of steam chuffs
- Choose either DCC or DC operation of the smoke unit, cab lights, realistic firebox flicker and ash pan glow, and classification lights
- Choose track or battery power pickup, operation according to NMRA or Large Scale railroading practices, and motor power on/off
- Factory-installed speaker, with wire pigtail, for easy installation of optional aftermarket sound system
- Johnson bar is connected to the fully adjustable inside Stephenson valve gear by a scale reach bar for reversing linkage that operates per prototype
Bachmann no. 83197.
Note: This item ships from our warehouse (in a separate carton) to the contiguous 48 states only. Please allow extra time for delivery of this Special Order item. Covered by the manufacturer's warranty, please contact them for any service related issues. A 15% restocking fee will be charged for any returns to Micro-Mark.