The Canaan, Connecticut, Union Station was built in 1872 at the junction of the Central New England and Housatonic railroads (both later parts of the New Haven). A major architectural landmark, this station stood intact (and, essentially as built) until 2001, when an arson fire destroyed a major portion of the station, including its distinctive tower. The damage was severe-enough that most observers considered the remaining portion of the station to be doomed; however, a grass-roots local effort, along with state and private funding, has meant that a restored Canaan station is returning from the ashes like a phoenix. Owned by the Connecticut Historical Railroad Association, the station is being rebuilt to its former glory.
This kit provides an accurate period model (circa 1940) of Cannan station based on plans provided by the restoration firm, copies of the original plans and information provided by the New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association. Includes wood, resin and photo-etched parts, Grandt Line baggage carts, appropriate signs, posters and much more.
Footprint: 22 inches wide x 20 inches deep; 8 inches high