The F-4J Phantom II is a two-seat, twin-engine, supersonic jet interceptor fighter-bomber originally developed for the United States Navy. It entered service in 1960 and was soon embraced by the Marine Corps and the Air Force. It had a top speed of over Mach 2.2 and was capable of carrying over 18,000 pounds of weapons on nine external hardpoints, including air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, and bombs. The F-4 Phantom set 15 world records for in-flight performance and remained in Marine use until 1991.
- Highly detailed cockpit with positionable canopies
- Detailed air intake ducting with J79 engine faces
- Afterburner chambers
- Detailed wheel wells with die-cast metal gear struts and rubber tires
- Air refueling probe
- One-piece molded fuselage
- External stores: 4 x AIM-9B Sidewinders, 4 x AIM-7E Sparrows, 2 x 370 gallon outboard tanks, 1 x 600 gallon centerline tank
- Two crew figures
- Boarding ladder
- Decals for three marking options
- Length: 21.8 in. Wingspan: 14.5 in.
Tamiya kit #60308