The Supermarine Spitfire is one of the most recognized fighters of WWII. The Spitfire Mk.XVIe featured the higher-power Packard-built Merlin 266 engine and a bubble canopy with a 'low back' fuselage. Other structural changes saw the Mk.XVIe equipped with a larger 96 gallon main fuel tank as well as two additional fuel tanks installed at the rear of the fuselage. Mk.XVIe Spitfires were mainly used in ground-attack roles and came with the 'e' armament configuration of two 20mm cannons and two 12.7mm Browning machine guns. With the design changes for the new gun and cannon positioning, ammunition ejection ports, and landing gear, the wings sported new bulges compared to the Mk.IX.
- Magnets allow easy removal of the engine cowlings to showcase the detailed Packard Merlin V-1650 engine.
- Positionable elevators, rudder, ailerons flaps and landing gear.
- Photo-etched parts for wheel covers, cockpit instrument panel and seat belts.
- 1 seated and 1 standing pilot figure included.
- Includes display stand and three aircraft markings.
- Length: 11.9 in., Wingspan: 12.2 In.
Tamiya kit #60321