Nicknamed the 'deuce and a half,' the M35 2-1/2 ton 6x6 supply truck was one of the unsung heroes of WWII, with over 800,000 produced. Designed to be easy to maintain and repair, the truck served in all theaters supplying the front lines with crucial materials. One notable operation that the truck took part in was the Red Ball Express supply chain that was established after the Allied invasion of Normandy. This vehicle's rugged versatility made it easy to modify, and troops in the field often reconfigured the truck to suit their needs...like the soldiers in Vietnam who welded armor plates to their trucks.
This Tamiya 1:48 scale Military Miniature Series model is also compatible with O scale model railroads, and can be painted in civilian colors for use in railroad layouts, dioramas and more.
- Accurate and highly detailed 1942 model with removable canvas-textured cabin top.
- Die-cast chassis features metal screws for easy assembly with truck body.
- Realistic suspension parts designed for easy assembly.
- Tailgate can be open or closed.
- 2 types of markings included: one from a unit in Normandy and another from the famous Red Ball Express.
- Compatible with other 1/48 Military Miniature Series figures and vehicles, plus O scale model railroads and dioramas.
- Unassembled model kit is recommended for experienced modelers age 10 and older.
- Paint and model cement not included.