The USS New York LPD 21 is the fifth ship in the San Antonio class of Landing Platform Dock vessels. Her bow stem was forged from seven and a half tons of steel recovered from the World Trade Center's twin towers. This large-scale ship kit is incredibly detailed and accurately represents the USS New York.
712 total parts: ship - 406, aircraft parts - 108, landing craft - 79, photo etched parts - 119. Includes a length of real chain for the anchors. Completed model length: 23.5 inches; beam: 3.6 inches.
Gallery kits assemble into outstanding models without the addition of expensive aftermarket details.
Accessory equipment included:
- Two LCAC hovercraft
- One LCU landing craft
- Two USMC AAV-7 Amphibious Assault Vehicles
Ship's aircraft include:
- Two AH-1W Cobra gunships
- Two MV-22 Osprey tilt-rotors (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two CH-53E Helicopters (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two UH-1N Huey helicopters
- Movable stern ramps opening into a superbly detailed well deck to display the two amazing LCAC hovercraft
- Multiple small Zodiac-type boats
- Fully detailed aircraft hangar deck with movable door
- All the life rafts and other small deck details that make the model come alive
- Ship has the latest self-defense missile, gun and electronic systems
- Even the overhead structure in the ship's internal areas, such as the well deck and hangar deck, is represented
- Kit includes two photo-etched frets of fine details like ladders, railings and vent grilles