Atlas G-86 Topgon Norfolk Southern 286K 9-96 Scheme - HO Scale - 6pk
Atlas G-86 Topgon® Norfolk Southern 286K 9-96 Scheme - HO Scale - 6pk
In late 1991, Norfolk Southern debuted the first two prototypes of its TOP GON® re-body program. Looking for a way to expand the capacity and the longevity of its coal car fleet, this program took in old hoppers, stripped them to the frame, and built an entirely new gondola body on top of that frame. With production starting in July of 1992, spanning multiple classes with multiple variations, NS' Roanoke East End Shops churned out over 18,000 of these cars, ending production in 1998. With almost 3,265 of class G-85R, G-86R and G-88R’s in service, this model represents one of NS' most recognizable freight cars.
Atlas' convenient 6 pack gets your train quickly prepared for that heavy duty haul!
- Injection-Molded Plastic
- Fine-Scale Detail
- Separately Applied Wire Grab Irons
- Separately Applied Wire Cut Levers
- Etched-Metal Brake Wheel Platforms
- Installed Internal Bracing
- Accurately Painted/Printed
- 100-Ton Trucks w/Metal Wheels
- Multiple Numbers & Paint Variations
- Knuckle couplers