Bachmann HO 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive, Nickel Plate No. 759, with DCC Sound Value
Item #: 73194
List Price $399.00
Close Out! $279.95
Bachmann Standard Line HO Standard Gauge 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive, Nickel Plate No. 759, with DCC Sound Value.
- DCC- and sound-equipped with SoundTraxx® steam package which includes authentic prototypical chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release and blower
- Precision motor
- Die-cast chassis and marker lights
- Prototypical tender and detailing
- Machined brass flywheel
- Metal handrails and stanchions
- LED headlight and tender backup light
- See-through underframe
- Metal wheels
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
- Performs best on 22 inch radius (or greater) curves Bachmann no. 52404 Historically, the 759 was built in August 1944 by the Lima Locomotive Works in Lima for Nickel Plate Road. The 759 was one of 80 2-8-4 Berkshire type steam locomotives built for the Nickel Plate between 1934 and 1949 for fast freight duties and passenger transportation.The Nickel Plate No. 759 was restored is currently on static display at the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA. Historically, the Nickel Plate was a 1683-mile train track system serving the industrial, agricultural, and distributing region between the Mississippi River, the Great Lakes, and the Niagara Frontier, with close traffic and service to the New England and the Atlantic Seaboard from connecting lines.