Bachmann HO 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive, Nickel Plate No. 765, Railfan Version, with Sound
Bachmann Standard Line HO Standard Gauge 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive, Nickel Plate No. 765, Railfan Version, with Sound.
- DCC- and sound-equipped with SoundTraxx® steam package which includes authentic prototypical chuff, short and long whistles, bell, air pump, steam release and blower
- Precision motor
- Die-cast chassis and marker lights
- Prototypical tender and detailing
- Machined brass flywheel
- Metal handrails and stanchions
- LED headlight and tender backup light
- See-through underframe
- Metal wheels
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
- Performs best on 22 inch radius (or greater) curves
Bachmann no. 52401.
Nickel Plate No. 765 was built for the Nickel Plate Road in 1944 by the Lima Locomotive Works in Lima, Ohio. Classified as a S-2 class Berkshire, the locomotive operated fast, heavy freight and passenger trains until retirement in 1958. The Pere Marquette 1225 is also a Lima built Berkshire very similar in appearance and specifications to 765.
Following a restoration in 1979 and after a major overhaul in 2005, 765 operates in public exhibition and passenger excursion train service. It is owned and maintained by the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, Inc
Historically, the Nickel Plate was a 1683-mile train track system serving the industrial, agricultural, and distributing region between the Mississippi River, the Great Lakes, and the Niagara Frontier, with close traffic and service to the New England and the Atlantic Seaboard from connecting lines.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Lead which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to:www.p65warnings.ca.gov