Bachmann Spectrum On30 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive and Tender, D&RGW No. 136
Bachmann Spectrum 1:48 scale narrow gauge 2-6-0 Locomotive runs on On30 (same as HO) gauge track.
- Operating headlight
- Completely hidden drive train
- See-through clearance under boiler
- Precision motor with hardened carbon brushes
- Numerous metal detail parts
- Finescale pilot
- Sprung center axle for superior tracking performance and electrical pickup
- Short-coupled tender with coal load
- Body-mounted E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Bachmann no. 25242
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Lead which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to:www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Customer Reviews of This Item
by JL -
I recently purchased this locomotive because it fits in perfectly with my type of layout. I knew this engine was dc only at the time but took the plunge to convert it to dcc. As there is zero clearance between the motor/weight, I drilled a hole through the weight to run wires to the tender plus using a cutoff wheel, ground a trench to the side of the coupler. Also converted headlight to LED and added tender light. Performance is ok, pulling power is good especially up one 4% grade with a half dozen (mostly) loaded cars. Quality could be better.
<br>It's a lot of work and if you try this you should be savy with tools and skills.