Bachmann Spectrum On30 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive and Tender, D&RGW No. 136
Bachmann Spectrum 1:48 scale narrow gauge 2-6-0 Locomotive runs on On30 (same as HO) gauge track.
- Operating headlight
- Completely hidden drive train
- See-through clearance under boiler
- Precision motor with hardened carbon brushes
- Numerous metal detail parts
- Finescale pilot
- Sprung center axle for superior tracking performance and electrical pickup
- Short-coupled tender with coal load
- Body-mounted E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Bachmann no. 25242
Customer Reviews of This Item
by JL -
I recently purchased this locomotive because it fits in perfectly with my type of layout. I knew this engine was dc only at the time but took the plunge to convert it to dcc. As there is zero clearance between the motor/weight, I drilled a hole through the weight to run wires to the tender plus using a cutoff wheel, ground a trench to the side of the coupler. Also converted headlight to LED and added tender light. Performance is ok, pulling power is good especially up one 4% grade with a half dozen (mostly) loaded cars. Quality could be better.
<br>It's a lot of work and if you try this you should be savy with tools and skills.