Broadway Limited Streamlined K-4 Paragon 3 PRR #3768 - Bronze, HO Scale
Item #: 74384
List Price $549.95
Close Out! $349.95
Broadway Limited Streamlined K-4 Paragon 3 Pennsylvania Railroad #3768 - Bronze, HO Scale
A number of K4s locomotives had streamlining applied over the years. All were later removed, restoring the locomotives to their original appearance.
In February 1936, locomotive #3768 was clad in a shroud designed by famed industrial designer Raymond Loewy. This highly concealing, enveloping streamlined casing hid most of the functionality of the steam locomotive, leading to its nickname of The Torpedo by train crews.
At first, the locomotive was not painted in standard Dark Green Locomotive Enamel (DGLE) but instead in a bronze color. It was later refinished in DGLE. A matching tender ran on unusual six-wheel trucks. Like most streamlined steam locomotives, the shrouds impeded maintenance and the covers over the wheels were later removed. For a time, the locomotive was the preferred engine for the Broadway Limited train.
Were proud to offer this iconic steam locomotive to our serious PRR modelers.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDER™ with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Synchronized PUFFING SMOKE with Chuff Sound
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and timing
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- Powerful High Torque Motor with Fly Wheel
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes
- Prototypical Light Operation with Golden White LED Headlight, Rear Light
- Factory Installed Engineer and Fireman Figures
- Near-Brass Caliber Detail at a Plastic Price
- Die Cast Body with Heavy Die Cast chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Metal Kadee-compatible Couplers (2)
- Separately Applied Handrails, Ladders, Whistle, and Brass Bell
- Operating Cab Roof Vents
- Will Operate on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches