Atlas #20004346 HO Master USRA Steel Rebuilt Box Car Grand Trunk Western 460124
Item #: 73671
List Price $42.95
Super Buy Price! $33.95
By the beginning of WWII, the majority of the classic USRA double-sheathed box cars and their clones were rebuilt with steel sides. More rebuilds followed in the late 1940s and early 1950s. By late 1948, close 14,000 of the original 24,500 USRA double-sheathed cars had been rebuilt with quite a degree of variation including the end, door and underframe. These steel side rebuilds were far more popular than their single-sheathed counterparts and make a great addition to the Atlas HO scale product line.
- Highly detailed body
- 10-Panel body
- 7-8 or 5-5-5 panel ends as per the prototype
- Accurate painting and printing
- Brake detail
- AccuMate® couplers
- Opening door
- Fishbelly or Straight underframe as per prototype
- Separately applied wire grabs and side ladders
- Inside height of model may vary from prototype
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.