The Home Machinist’s Handbook by Doug Briney
A Complete DIY Guide to Machine Work…with Projects!
Doug Briney’s book is a complete guide for the amateur machinist. This handbook has been written and illustrated by Doug Briney, a Sherline customer who has more than 20 years experience as a home machinist. Doug has also proven to be an excellent author with the ability to convert complex technical data into accurate information and methods understandable to the first-time machinist.
7-3/4″ x 9-1/4″, softbound, black and white, 285 pages.
- Chapter 1 – Reading Prints
- Chapter 2 – Measurements
- Chapter 3 – Hand Tools
- Chapter 4 – Bench Tools
- Chapter 5 – The Lathe
- Chapter 6 – Lathe Operation
- Chapter 7 – Milling Machine
- Chapter 8 – Milling Machine Operation
- Chapter 9 – Material Selection
- Chapter 10 – Heat Treating and finishing
- Chapter 11 – Projects