ITLA Scale Models Southside Hotel Kit, HO Scale
Southside Hotel is ITLA Scale Models flagship structure, featuring all of the company's unique, finely-crafted details in one significant kit. This 5 story structure represents the iconic turn-of-the-century brick hotels that are seen in downtown areas. Many of these stately structures have been modernized and are still in use today. The beauty of this shallow relief (only 1.5 inches deep) unfinished, unassembled model kit is that the builder may choose to build it in any one of several possible configurations, as a period piece, or as modernized example.
- Multiple build versions - upper floors left, upper floors right, upper floors any position off center, detailed side walls, integral sidewalk sections, blank back walls
- Configurable/interchangeable side wall sections, interior floors and walls
- Upper floor section may be positioned left or right of center
- Integral sidewalk accepts the building walls in keyed slots for easy assembly
- Additional corner sidewalk sections are optional for modeling street corners
- Robust tab and slot wall construction utilizing 1/8 inch MDF wood material
- Modular part design enables a quick and stable build
- Intermediate skill level build, with simplified construction using standard hobby tools and glues
- Complete instructions with color photos, painting and building tips
- Easily paintable with solvent based or water based paints
- Multiple rooftop, building and exterior details including: 1 highly detailed rooftop water tank kit, 1 rooftop service staircase exit, 3 chimneys, 3 window or roof exhaust ducts, 2 rooftop air conditioner units, 2 'snorkel' type exhaust ducts, 2 ninety-degree exhaust ducts, finely detailed entry doors, 57 laser cut window sills and brick headers (lintels), 57 precision cut window frames in arched style, separate brick cornice material and vertical pilaster brick trim strips, additional soldiers course brick trim wall coping material to finish off the roof line (parapets), 2 sheets of window 'glass,' window blinds material sheet, precision laser cut 3D building signs, including “Southside Hotel marquee for the rooftop and multiple vertical 'neon'-type signs to mount on the building facade, 14 window awnings plus front entry portico awning kit, 4 ITLA fire escape and ladder kits with assembly fixture, finely etched and detailed brick surfaces on front and side walls.
Building footprint: approx. 16 inches long x 1.5 inches deep; 12 inches high. Integral sidewalk: approx. 15.75 inches long x 3 inches deep; additional corner sidewalk sections increase overall street length to 18.75 inches long
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Wood Dust which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov