MicroLux® 3-Speed Mini Drill Press
Jewelers-Quality Drill Press at an Affordable Price
MicroLux® Drill Presses have all the quality features of drill presses costing much more. When you own a MicroLux® drill press, you'll never have to worry again about having the right tool when precise and accurate drilling is vital to your project. Here is an affordable drill press designed and sized for small precision work. No more working with cumbersome, oversized drill presses...and no more mistakes from using inaccurate, hand-held drills. Plus, you can select the right speed for the job in seconds. Prevent jagged holes in wood from a speed too slow. Protect against overheated plastic from a speed too fast. And drilling in steel, brass or any metal is a breeze. The high torque motor will drill a 1/4 inch hole through 1/4 inch brass quickly and easily...and even deeper holes in wood, plastic and other soft materials.
Just the Right Size and Just the Right Features for All Small Drilling Projects!
- Changeable speeds accommodate various materials
- Rugged cast metal housing
- No-flex solid steel column
- Precision 3-jaw chuck and key
- Ball bearing spindle assures low vibration, high accuracy and long life
- Calibrated depth control with positive stop
- High-torque motor plugs into standard 120v AC outlet
- Quick release handles let you adjust chuck-to-base distance instantly
- Cast metal base with machined surface keeps your work square and true and takes up minimal workbench space
- Sliding gauge for drilling in-line holes
Specifications for Standard Duty Drill Press
- Spindle travel: 1-1/4 inches
- Chuck to base distance: 7 inches
- Center of chuck to front of column: 5-1/2 inches
- Column diameter: .787 inch
- Chuck capacity: 1/64 inch to 1/4 inch
- Drive system: 3-step pulley with 90 watt constant speed motor
- Spindle speeds: 2100, 4500 and 6500 rpm
- Spindle: 3/8-24 male
- Base size: 5 inches x 9 inches
- Headstock and base construction: Cast aluminum
- High quality . . . made in Japan
- Weight: 8 lbs.
- Height: 14 inches
Customer Reviews of This Item
SHE'S A CHAMP!
by AARON -
With a bit of apprehension, and a couple of months of looking at other drill presses, I ordered this unit along with the vise and X-Y table. First impression was that it was high quality all around......no wiggle, wobble, flimsiness or cheaping out with excessive plastic. But, what about performance? Sure she worked just fine drilling with drill bits up to 1/4" and milling with 1/8" shaft "dremmel bits". But now for the torture test....tossed in a step bit with a 1/4" hex shaft, that went up to 1", and went after oak and sheet metal. No stalling, slipping or general complaining. OK, I'm impressed. Time to get out the 1/4" shaft Kutzall bits that were 3/4" in diameter. You know, the ones you use in your die grinder. Yup.....she ate up a 1" thick piece of pine. I really didn't want to spend this much on a drill press, but am sure glad I did. She's a real champ.