MicroLux® 7x16 Mini Lathe
The MicroLux® 7 x 16 Mini Lathe
- Now 16 inch capacity
- More powerful 500 watt brushless motor
- Quieter belt drive
Careful workmanship gives you high dimensional accuracy and long life, and smooth operation lets you put fine finishes on turnings up to 7 inches in diameter and 16 inches long. Yet, it's compact enough (just 86 pounds) to be portable.
This mini lathe has true imperial (inch) feed screws and dials (.050 inch per turn), so metric conversions are not required. The MicroLux® 7 x 16 Mini Lathe is so versatile it will cut all metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, brass, copper, bronze, and nickel-silver, plus non-metals such as wood and plastic. And, with the optional accessories sold separately, it will perform virtually any task you'll ever need.
The MicroLux® 7 x 16 Mini Lathe is not just a stretched version of older 7 x 10 and 7 x 12 mini lathes, but has new design elements required for bigger jobs:
- A heavyweight bedway to withstand extra forces generated by turning long pieces
- A more powerful motor
- Carefully positioned controls for easy access and safety
- A specially configured and strengthened tailstock to accommodate long workpieces
Note: Some assembly required.
Use our website shopping cart to calculate freight charge for shipments outside 48 contiguous U.S., or call our order line for assistance.
Just Look At These Features!
- Super rigid, heat-treated cast-iron bed with precision-ground V-ways
- Hardened and accurately finished main spindle supported by centripetal ball bearings
- Carriage power feed
- Powerful 500 watt (0.67hp) adjustable-speed brushless DC motor and reversing switch for bi-directional automatic feed and thread cutting
- Zero-resettable hand wheels with inch divisions (.050 inch per turn) eliminate tedious metric conversions
- Four-position tool post makes tool changes fast and easy
- Ultra-quiet belt-driven spindle
- 3-jaw self-centering chuck: body dia. = 3.150 inches; internal jaws clamping range = .079 to .866 inch; internal jaws jamming range = .984 to 2.756 inches; external jaws clamping range = .866 to 2.480 inches; approx. 5/8 inch dia. thru-hole with inside/outside jaws and wrench
- Compound slide with 5/8 inch capacity
- Four-position tool post and chip deflector
- MT2 dead center for tailstock
- Carriage power feed with change-gear set for threading
- Thread position indicator
- Splash guard
- Chip tray
- Tool set and instruction manual/parts diagram
MicroLux® 7 x 16 Lathe Specifications
Maximum swing over bed: 7 inches diameter
Compound slide travel: 2.165 inches
Customer Reviews of This Item
Excellent Lathe - you will appreciate the added (16") working length
by Chuck -
I was a bit concerned when I found out that the MicroLux 7 by 16 lathe is not assembled and tested by Micro-Mark prior to shipping it to me – worried about missing or damaged parts. However, I went forward with the purchase and have no regrets. The lathe arrived in two large packages with several smaller packages inside. The protective boxes and inner padding was well done and all arrived without damage. In addition all parts were included – no missing parts. Assembly instructions were excellent and assembly went smoothly – it took me about 2.5 hours which I probably could reduce to 1.5 if I did it again. At this point I have about 10 hours on the lathe and I am very impressed. Everything works properly and, for me, it meets my standard for precision.
No "Bag of Screws" needed
by john -
went together like a charm. I was a bit confused by the lack of a "bag of screws" until I realized all the screws are shipped in their final location.