MicroLux® High-Precision Micro Lathe
Re-Introducing the MicroLux® Heavy-Duty High-Precision Micro Lathe
You'll like the precise control and compact size of our MicroLux® Micro Lathe. This table top machine tool is perfect for someone who wants a durable, well-designed lathe that fits in a small location. It is so sturdily constructed and smooth running, it can put fine finishes on turnings up to 6" diameter* and 10" long, yet is compact enough (just 64 lbs.) to be truly portable. The MicroLux® Micro Lathe cuts all metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, nickel-silver, brass and aluminum, plus non-metals, such as wood and plastic. And, the optional milling attachments and machining accessories (shown below) let you perform all the tasks you need to complete your project.
MicroLux® Micro Lathe includes 3-jaw chuck, 1/2" capacity rocker tool post, tailstock dead center, carriage feed gear set, backsplash, chuck guard, and wrench set.
- Super rigid, heat-treated cast-iron bedwith precision-ground ways
- Hardened and accurately finished main spindle supported by high-precision tapered roller bearings
- Zero-resettable handwheels with TRUE-INCH graduations
- Generous cross slide travel of 2-3/8" facilitates both lathe work and milling operations
- Powerful 1/5 hp variable speed motor with reversing switch for bi-directional automatic feed and thread cutting
- A full complement of precision accessories is available to perform any machining operation
- Swing diameter over bed: 5-7/8"
- Distance between centers: 10"
- Headstock Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Taper: MT1
- Line Voltage: 110V, 50/60Hz
- Motor Output: 150 watts (1/5 hp)
- Spindle bore: 3/8"
- Spindle speed: electronically variable between 100 and 2,000 rpm
- Overall size: 9" tall x 11" deep x 25" long
- Weight: 64 pounds (basic machine without accessories)
Customer Reviews of This Item
A solid, precision machine at an affordable price.
by JACK -
I was very excited that Micro Mark was restocking the MicroLux Micro Lathe. This one is comparable to one of the 5 top rated lathes I looked at.
<br>If you’re looking for a complete package that you can unpack and start working with you should re-think that notion. The MicroLux arrives just as pictured; nothing else; accessories are separately ordered. Be ready to spend some time cleaning, oiling, and greasing the machine and accessories after you unpack them. Don’t try to run it until you have it thoroughly cleaned and oiled. Everything is well packed in preservative.
<br>I am extremely pleased with the precision of this machine. The MicroLux is large enough to handle brass and aluminum stock for pull weights and counter weights for the clocks I make and yet will accommodate the smaller turnings I need for my model ships. A very versatile machine.