Modern Freight Cars: Rolling Stock from the '60s Through Today Book, by Jeff Wilson
Modern Freight Cars, a new book by Jeff Wilson, provides an overview of freight cars from the 1960s through today.
This is an essential guide for model railroaders who model the 1960s through today, as well as railfans and freight train enthusiasts. The book features more than 200 photos and covers various types of cars, including boxcars, hoppers, and gondolas, and how they evolved, as well as new car types, including intermodal cars and 89-foot auto tracks.
Other topics include:
- Freight car evolution (size and weight increases; new car types)
- Car components (brake systems, trucks, and couplers)
- Hi-cube and specialty boxcars
- Intermodal cars (flat, spine, and well cars)
- Open and enclosed auto racks
- Mechanical and cryogenic refrigerator cars
- Center-beam flatcars
- And much more!