Rapido EMD8A Locomotive - Amtrak #4316 (Early Black Scheme), HO Scale
Rapido® EMD8A Locomotive - Amtrak #4316 (Early Black Scheme), HO Scale
2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Amtrak, the US national passenger network. Amtrak has defied all the odds to reach this incredible milestone, and it’s important that we celebrate their achievement!
In commemoration, Rapido is offering a special LIMITED EDITION model of Amtrak #4316, the first E-8 that Amtrak painted in what would become a one-off paint scheme. The E8 was the backbone of Amtrak’s early locomotive fleet, and what better way is there to celebrate America’s national passenger railroad?
Each sound-equipped model of #4316 will be packaged in an engraved wood presentation box and includes a unique enamel pin, as well as a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Rapido president Jason Shron and Amtrak’s Matt Donnelly. Rapido will not be reproducing this model in the future. You’ve got one chance to get one of these instant collectors items. Reserve yours now!
Rapido’s E8 Amtrak #4316 model features:
- 3D laser-scanned body shell tremendous achievement.
- Accurate nose and roof contours
- Unique nose with missing MU door
- Correct back ends
- Correct steam generator
- Passenger pilot
- Correct Farr side grills
- Rebuilt sides without portholes
- No fuel tank skirts
- PRR-style nose lift lugs
- Heavy die-cast chassis
- Smooth running drive system with all wheels powered
- Accurate E8 sounds provided by ESU LokSound
- Complete lighting effects – headlights, class lights, backup lights, ground lights, cab lights and more.