Revell Monogram #398 Constitution Model Kit, 1/96 Scale
The celebrated battle between the U.S.S. Constitution and the H.M.S. Guerriere during the war of 1812 was actually the second time these two frigates had met on the open sea.
A few weeks prior to their historic conflict, a British squadron led by the lordly Guerriere, surrounded the frigate. With escape seemingly impossible, the captain of the Constitution, Isaac Hull, ordered out the small boats. By kedging, a manuever whereby an anchor was dropped some distance ahead and the hawser heaved in, the ship was gradually pulled forward. Hull also ordered most of the fresh water pumped overboard and the sails wet down to catch every breath of air. The Constitution escaped.
Several weeks later the two war ships met again, alone this time, and the mighty Constitution completely destroyed the Guerriere.
Revell kit #85-0398.
- 1,385 Parts
- Captain's quarters complete with bulkhead, tables and bunk
- Deck with capstan, wheel, fife rails and galley
- Lifeboats with oars, davits and davit rigging
- Can be rigged with or without sails
- Rigging line and thread
- 20 miniature crew figures, 39 detailed billowing sails and 55 authentically scaled cannons
- Anchors and anchor rope
- Molded deadeyes, blocks and pinrails
- Finely engraved hull detail
- Molded plastic ratlines
- Intricate stern and bow engravings
- Step-by-step rigging instructions
- Length: 37 in.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Styrene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov