Tamiya #25180 Israeli Tank M51 Plastic Model Kit with Photo-Etched Parts, 1/35 Scale
1/35 Scale model of an Israeli Tank M51, with Photo-Etched Parts included!
During the 1960's, the Israeli Ordnance Corps upgraded their M4A1 Sherman tanks by equipping them with the powerful French 105mm CN-105-F1 tank gun and they were redesignated as M51s. The larger gun meant a muzzle brake was installed to minimize the greater recoil effect and a counterweight was fitted to the rear of the turret. The 460hp diesel engine and the combination of the Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS) and wider T80 tracks gave the M51 improved mobility.
During the Six-Day War in 1967, the M51s were used against newer T-54/55 tanks as well as JS-3 tanks from Egyptian, Iraqi, and Syrian armies. The M51's 105mm gun could take on these adversaries by using HEAT ammunition. After the war, these M51s continued to serve with distinction until they were finally retired in the early 1980s.
- Distinctive M51 form is accurately reproduced based on a thorough study of an actual museum example.
- Realistic depiction of HVSS suspension
- Commander & loader figures, plus 3 types of marking options included.
- 3 sets of photo-etched parts: Aber 35251 Israeli Tank M51HV I Sherman, Basic Set (Tamiya); Aber 35252 Israeli Tank M51HV I Sherman, Fenders (Tamiya); and 35 L-80 Barrel to U.S. cal .50 (12,7mm) Browning M2 HB heavy machine gun.
- 10.12 inches (L) x 3.39 inches (W)
- Includes 105mm gun detail
- Jerry can and tool accessories provided.
- Belt-type tracks realistically reproduce the T80 tracks.
Tamiya no. 25180
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Styrene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov