Walthers #910-20172 HO Scale GEVO ES44AC Locomotive, KC Southern No.4868, Sound And DCC
Introduced in 2003 to comply with tougher emission standards, and more popularly known among railfans and modelers as GEVOs, these big engines have quickly become one of the most popular locos worldwide. Designated as the ES44 (Evolution Series, 4,400 horsepower), prototype variations in North American service include locos with DC or AC traction motors and buyers have also specified center idler axles, as well as high adhesion or steerable trucks.
Walthers Mainline HO scale (1:87) ES44AC diesel locomotive, Kansas City Southern No. 4868. Walthers no. 910-20172.
Easily handles 18" radius curves, but 22" or larger is recommended.
- 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
- Fully DCC compatible
- 14, 28 and 128 speed steps
- Dual moded DC/DCC
- 4 air horns and 2 bells changeable by CVs
- Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
- High adhesion truck
- Compressor and 2-vent dynamic brake
- Multiple realistic lighting effects
Locomotive features include:
- 5-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional lights
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX metal knuckle couplers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Lead which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to:www.p65warnings.ca.gov