WalthersProto 85' ACF 48-Seat Diner Car - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 302 Overland - HO Scal
WalthersProto 85' ACF 48-Seat Diner Car - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 302 Overland - HO Scale
Delivered as a lunch counter cafe and lounge in 1949, car #5015 was later held for special service. Rebuilt as a custom 36-seat diner in 1988 with round tables, it received a new wood interior decor in 2005. Named in honor of the original Overland Flyer, which ran from 1887 to 1890 when it was replaced by the Overland Limited, and UP also advertised itself as as the Overland Route for many years. Today it serves the Heritage Fleet and was one of the cars pulled by Locomotive #4141 carrying the late President George H. W. Bush to his final resting place at College Point TX.
In response to many requests, Walthers announces production of HO scale models of the historic Union Pacific train honoring the late President George H. W. Bush, including the WalthersMainline SD70ACe 4141, and this WalthersProto car from the Heritage Fleet.
Each car comes fully assembled for operation or display, with a variety of features as noted below.
- Perfect for fan trips and special events behind 4141 and other Union Pacific power
- First time with factory-printed Union Pacific numbers and car names
- Baggage car includes full-color Presidential Seal decal
- Finished in modern-era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate