WalthersProto 85' ACF Dome Diner - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 8008 City of Portland - HO Sca
WalthersProto 85' ACF Dome Diner - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 8008 City of Portland - HO Scale
Delivered new from American Car & Foundry in 1955 as 8008, this car was sold to the original Auto Train in 1972 and remained on its roster until 1981. A year later it was transferred to Kansas City Southern, where it was to be renumbered as car 19, but never saw service. UP reacquired the car in 1990 and named it for its Chicago-Portland Streamliner that ran from 1935 to 1971. Today it serves the Heritage Fleet and was one of the cars pulled by Locomotive #4141 carrying the late President George H. W. Bush to his final resting place at College Point TX.
In response to many requests, Walthers announces production of HO scale models of the historic Union Pacific train honoring the late President George H. W. Bush, including the WalthersMainline SD70ACe 4141, and this WalthersProto car from the Heritage Fleet.
Each car comes fully assembled for operation or display, with a variety of features as noted below.
- Perfect for fan trips and special events behind 4141 and other Union Pacific power
- First time with factory-printed Union Pacific numbers and car names
- Baggage car includes full-color Presidential Seal decal
- Finished in modern-era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate