WalthersProto 85' ACF Dome Lounge - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 9009 City of San Francisco -
WalthersProto 85' ACF Dome Lounge - Union Pacific® Heritage Fleet UPP 9009 City of San Francisco - HO Scale
As UP transformed its Streamliners into Domeliners in 1955, 15 new Dome-Lounge Observations were delivered to bring up the rear of the flagship streamliners. Within a year however this proved to be a problem. The cars quickly lost their unique ends and were rebuilt as Dome-Lounges. Named for the famed UP-SP-CNW Streamliner, the prototype has its original windows and lighting for use at the end of the train. Today it serves the Heritage Fleet and was one of the cars pulled by Locomotive #4141 carrying the late President George H. W. Bush to his final resting place at College Point TX.
In response to many requests, Walthers announces production of HO scale models of the historic Union Pacific train honoring the late President George H. W. Bush, including the WalthersMainline SD70ACe 4141, and this WalthersProto car from the Heritage Fleet.
Each car comes fully assembled for operation or display, with a variety of features as noted below.
- Perfect for fan trips and special events behind 4141 and other Union Pacific power
- First time with factory-printed Union Pacific numbers and car names
- Baggage car includes full-color Presidential Seal decal
- Finished in modern-era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate