Zoukei-Mura McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom II Plastic Model Kit, 1/48 Scale
The McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom II is a long-range supersonic jet interceptor.
The Phantom has a top speed of over Mach 2.2, can carry over 18,000 pounds of weapons and is equipped with the J79 turbo-jet engine manufactured by General Electric.
The real soul of this kit is the recreation of the F-4’s air-intakes. The air-intakes have a nose-enclosed shape and are positioned apart from the fuselage on both sides. The air-intakes' strange structures and shapes are perfectly reproduced without compromise…all while not impacting the ease of assembly.
383 total parts, molded in gray and clear.
- Cartridge starter
- Short nozzle, as on B type
- Front seat for pilot, back seat for Weapons System Officer
- Included ladder to get in and out of cockpit
- Installed approach light on front gear cover
- Low pressure main gear tires
- No catapult hook on front of main wings (underside)
- Inner side of main wings' front edge flaps also movable (optional on this kit)
- Folding structure on land planes' outer wings is preserved, but hand-operated
- Oil receptable on back side of the fuselage
- Antenna fairing installed under the nose