Smooth-Cast® ONYX™ Slow, Trial Size, 2.2lb
Smooth-Cast® ONYX™ is a mercury-free urethane resin that cures quickly at room temperature to a deep black, solid plastic.
ONYX™ offers the convenience of a 1A:1B by volume mix ratio and has a very low viscosity, so it is easy to mix and pour. ONYX™ has an ultimate shore hardness of 80D and offers higher physical properties and higher heat resistance than other general purpose resins.
Applications include reproducing sculpture, making prototypes and potting / encapsulation. Because ONYX™ is a fast curing resin and becomes hard quickly, it is also great for doing fast cold cast bronze, brass, copper, nickel/silver, etc.
- ONYX™ is less expensive vs. other black resins.
- Cured plastic is ultra-black and darker than other black resins.
- Cured ONYX™ plastic can be polished and buffed to a high gloss shine.
- ONYX™ offers higher heat resistance (to 200°F /94°C at room temperature) vs. other black resins.
- Unlike other black resins, ONYX™ does not contain mercury.